We ask you to read the tips and information below, and strongly urge you to follow these guidelines in the interest of your personal safety and well-being. However, you are always the best judge of your own safety, and these guidelines are not intended to be a substitute for your own judgment.
Online Behavior Information
Finance: Protect Your Finances & Never Send Money or Financial Information
You should Never respond to any request to send money, especially overseas or by wire transfer, and report it to us immediately – even if the person claims to be in an emergency. Wiring money is like sending cash: the sender has no protections against loss and it’s nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace the money. For more information, click on the video below to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's advice to avoid online romance scams, also available here: http://onguardonline.gov/articles/0004-online-dating-scams.
Protect Your Personal Information
Never give personal information such as your social security number, credit card number or bank information, or your work or home address to people you don’t know or haven’t met in person.
Report All Suspicious Behavior
- Asking you for money or donations.
- Requesting photographs.
- Minors using the platform.
- Members sending harassing or offensive messages or emails.
- Members behaving inappropriately during or after meeting in person.
- Fraudulent registration or profiles.
- Spam or solicitation, such as invitations to call 1-900 numbers or attempts to sell products or service. Please help us keep you and other users safe by contacting us at: Support@imatchy.com